Diddy scandal: Amazon yanks Kim Porter memoir amid claims from her children that book was a “FRAUD”

Diddy scandal: Amazon yanks Kim Porter memoir amid claims from her children that book was a FRAUD

Amazon confirmed Tuesday the removal of a recently-published memoir from its site that purports to tell the story of an abusive relationship between the late actor and model Kim Porter and her longtime partner, hip-hop mogul Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs.

Porter and Combs’ children denounced the 59-page book – titled Kim´s Lost Words: A journey for justice, from the other side… – as a complete fabrication after it became a bestseller on Amazon in September.

‘We were made aware of a dispute regarding this title and have notified the publisher,’ an Amazon spokesperson said in a statement. ‘The book is not currently available for sale in our store.’

Amazon confirmed Tuesday the removal of a recently-published memoir from its site that purports to tell the story of an abusive relationship between the late actor and model Kim Porter and her longtime partner, hip-hop mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs. Pictured in LA in 2008

The independent publisher is Todd Christopher Guzze, who goes by the name Chris Todd and defines his occupation as an ‘investigative producer, author and journalist.’

Todd told The Associated Press in a phone interview in September that sources ‘very close to Kim and Sean Combs’ provided him with a ‘flash drive, documents and tapes’ from Porter that he eventually pieced together to create the memoir.

Children of Porter and Combs (pictured May 2018 in NYC) denounced the book - titled Kim´s Lost Words: A journey for justice, from the other side... - as a complete fabrication after it became a bestseller on Amazon in September

Todd, who used the pseudonym Jamal T. Millwood when publishing the title, did not comment on the removal Tuesday when contacted by the AP.

The book details physical abuse, sexual coercion and other acts of violence Combs allegedly committed.

The $22 paperback had a quiet release on Amazon but skyrocketed after the news of Combs’ arrest and the shocking details of the sex trafficking indictment against him. He has pleaded not guilty.

Porter’s ex Al B. Sure! sent the writer a cease-and-desist in connection with publication of the book. Pictured in NYC last year

The memoir reached the number one spot on Amazon´s bestseller´s list in September and dipped down on the charts before Amazon eventually pulled it from the site.

The thin book, which had a number of typographic errors, was at the center of scrutiny from a number of related parties.

They included Porter’s ex Al B. Sure!, who had sent the writer a cease-and-desist in connection with publication of the book, according to Rolling Stone.

Porter died at 47 in Los Angeles on November 15, 2018. Pictured in LA in 2015

Al B. Sure!’s attorney Robert Hantman said that the book included misleading information about the late model-actress and said Todd fabricated ‘serious, false accusations of inappropriate sexual behavior.’

Porter and Combs at the 2006 BET Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in LA on June 27, 2006

Hantman said Todd should issue a public apology and retraction over the contents of the book.

Eboni Elektra, a friend of Porter – who died at 47 in Los Angeles on November 15, 2018 – in July took to Instagram to decry the potential publication.

Elektra said: ‘THERE IS NO BOOK! There never was. Several people continue to speak about and spread blatant lies regarding this “mystery manuscript” as if it were true. People…… IT’S NOT. Kim would never do such a thing.’

Porter and Combs pictured at the Kodak Theater on February 27, 2005 in Hollywood, California

Elektra added, ‘That’s the honest to God truth. GOD knows the truth and so does she. As for me, I couldn’t have another person call my phone or send me a text about this without clearing the air.

Leave a Reply

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *